** Must be US Citizen or Green Card holder as we cannot sponsor at this time **
JOB SUMMARY FOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER:
Our client is looking for a software engineer to be responsible for the software development of Camera systems for commercial vehicles within their ADAS Business Unit.
RESPONSIBILITIES FOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER:
- Responsible for software tasks and deliverables throughout the entire software lifecycle including but not limited to requirements, software design, coding, unit testing, and defect resolution.
- Follow a defined software process to ensure good quality and documentation as per SPICE or CMMI requirements.
- Based on system requirements perform detailed software specification, design and development of complex safety critical features.
- Configuration management: Check work on regular basis and create baseline for all major releases.
- Tracking: Raise new open issues. Keep track and bring to closure assigned open issues.
- Documentation: Issue release notes for all relevant baselines, software development plan, software requirement specifications (SRS) and software quality assurance plan.
- Responsible for development of new products and changes to existing products.
- Follow corporate quality process for documenting embedded code.
- Work with hardware engineer to debug and validate design.
- Assistance with other tasks as needed and determined by management.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE FOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER:
- Bachelor Degree in Electrical / Computer Engineering or similar discipline, Masters is preferred.
- More than 5 years of experience developing embedded software for automotive safety applications.
- Proficient in C language and have excellent oral and technical writing skills.
- Experience in the following areas: Requirements Traceability, Software Configuration management tools, static analysis tools (such as QA_C, Polyspace), MISRA and generally accepted embedded coding practices.
- Experience in the following areas is highly desirable; OSEK, experience with embedded module implementation of CAN and the use of CAN analysis tools.
- Knowledge of vehicle bus standards and experience with automotive software and device driver development are a plus.
- Knowledge of Vector CAN tools (CANalyzer, CANoe) or equivalent (NeoVI).
- Knowledge of configuration management tools: MKS or equivalent (e.g. PVCS).
- Knowledge of requirement management tools (DOORS) and issue tracking system.
- Adaptability to work in an international company on a project with teams in multiple countries.
- Must be willing to travel moderately supporting internal and customer test trips.
- Strong organizational/communication skill, ability to work within team environment.
Why should you choose Epitec?
We started Epitec with a single focus, “Placing People First.” Knowing every good endeavor begins with listening and understanding, we’ve set about challenging every part of the employment process. Bringing the proper connections together for the perfect fit.
How is Epitec different?
Epitec gets to know our prospective employees, using these insights to locate the perfect placement for you. We are there, every step of the way. Providing a best-in-class compensation package combined with the opportunity to grow financially and personally through your work.
What is the result?
Epitec represents the world’s top companies and works to fill their open jobs with the world’s best talent. That’s led to Epitec servicing an impressive list of Fortune 100 companies. We've also won many awards, including one of Crain’s Detroit Business “Best Places to Work for,” and 101 Best & Brightest – local, national and elite winner. And that’s just the beginning, as we work to innovate the way the world thinks about employment.