Mobile Application Developer
Mobile Application Developer - iOS
Contract to hire
JOB SUMMARY FOR Mobile Application Developer - iOS:
Designs and develops customer facing and internal business-facing, self-service mobile applications for iOS mobile platforms that facilitate business interactions and access to customer data. Responsible for estimating, programming, documenting, debugging and testing of multiple business applications within the Greyhound environment; interacts with IT staff and business users as appropriate; develops solutions in accordance with established Division and Group IT policies and architecture.
RESPONSIBILITIES FOR Mobile Application Developer - iOS:
- Analyzes end user requirements and develops mobile applications that interface with existing Greyhound systems.
- Completes technical analysis, design, and coding for development and support initiatives.
- Assists junior staff members with code reviews, design solutions and complex issue research.
- Assists manager with resource allocation to development projects, manage around release schedules, and work with manager to prioritize deliverables.
- Provides production support as needed for multiple applications that are maintained by Greyhound.
- Performs as a technical adviser on system architecture, level of effort estimates, project plans/ and timelines and internal practices.
- Coordinates the review of specification, user sign-off process, and the development of user manuals.
- Leads testing efforts by evaluating failed test cases and performing appropriate coding fixes, as well as supporting coding changes resulting from user acceptance testing.
- Ensures that all code conforms to Greyhound software coding practices and standards and that all code is being properly tested.
- Ensures system integrity and assists in installation of technological upgrades, implementation and training to support new programs/system.
- Coordinates with Release Manager for deployment packages and release notes for deployment of applications.
- Provides accurate and timely status reporting as needed, including task and time reporting.
- Constantly learns and improves technical knowledge and expertise during software development.
- Adheres to all Greyhound corporate guiding principles, processes, policies, standards and procedures.
- Participates in and contributes to all phases of Greyhound?s Delivery Methodology and Software Development Practices.
- Has a passion for learning and staying updated on emerging trends and technologies.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE FOR Mobile Application Developer - iOS:
1 IOS developer - 4-7 years
2 Experience in Web services (SOAP. REST )- 4-7 years
3 Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as Git, SVN, or TFS - 4-7 years
4 Knowledge of key solution technologies including Objective-C, XCode, iOS SDK - 4-7 years
5 Experience in Swift and Cocoa Touch - 1-3 years
6 Developing, implementing and delivering application development solutions for either enterprise level projects or departmental projects.- 4-7 years
7 Experience with Objective-C, XCode, iOS - 4-7 years
8 Bachelor's Degree in MIS, Computer Science, Mathematics or equivalent work experience strongly preferred - 4-7 years
TECHNICAL SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS FOR Mobile Application Developer - iOS :
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Bachelor?s Degree in MIS, Computer Science, Mathematics or equivalent work experience strongly preferred. Relevant technology certification is encouraged.
- 5 - 7 plus years of hands on experience developing, implementing and delivering application development solutions for either enterprise level projects or departmental projects.
- 2 - 4 years of hands on experience developing, implementing and delivering mobile applications
- Knowledge of key solution technologies including Objective-C, XCode, iOS SDK
- Experience in Swift and Cocoa Touch is desired.
- Experience in Web services (SOAP. REST)
- Experience with various development / delivery methodologies, i.e. Agile, SDLC, RAD, etc.
- Advanced knowledge of object-oriented concepts and design patterns.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as Git, SVN, or TFS.
- Understanding of Apple?s design principles and interface guidelines.
- Deployed one or more applications to a public mobile app store desired.
- Experience in mobile interface design and development
- Knowledge of professional software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing and support.
- Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communications skills and effectively collaborates with other team members and project stakeholders.
- Ability to estimate project deliverables within a 25% variance to the actual completion time.
- Ability to effectively handle multiple tasks and manage workload based on project deadlines and priorities.
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
Medical, Dental, Vacation, Holiday tailored to meet your needs. 401K/Match, $15,000 Life Insurance, Award Winning Employee Care Program, established and highly regarded reputation with Green Card and H1 processing.
Why should you choose Epitec?
We started Epitec with a single focus, “Placing People First.” Knowing every good endeavor begins with listening and understanding, we’ve set about challenging every part of the employment process. Bringing the proper connections together for the perfect fit.
How is Epitec different?
Epitec gets to know our prospective employees, using these insights to locate the perfect placement for you. We are there, every step of the way. Providing a best-in-class compensation package combined with the opportunity to grow financially and personally through your work.
What is the result?
Epitec represents the world’s top companies and works to fill their open jobs with the world’s best talent. That’s led to Epitec servicing an impressive list of Fortune 100 companies. We've also won many awards, including one of Crain’s Detroit Business “Best Places to Work for,” and 101 Best & Brightest – local, national and elite winner. And that’s just the beginning, as we work to innovate the way the world thinks about employment.