Saint Joseph, MI
St. Joseph, MI
JOB SUMMARY FOR Engineering Technician:
Day to Day (what a typical day or week looks like in this role):
The lab technician will provide support and assistance to Sr. Product Managers and inspection technicians’ in the Regulatory Compliance Laboratory. In this position, you’ll work with field returned products, including material handling, digital photography, and data entry in the databases while expected to have the ability to work independently without supervision.
RESPONSIBILITIES FOR Engineering Technician:
Basic inspection tasks:
o Work with others, Learn the products and components with minimal supervision.
o Take good notes, ask good questions, move and uncrate products.
o Consists of moving products from dock to lab, taking initial photos of product as received, photos of product unpackaged and model/serial labels. Discarding packaging material, re-locating product into inspection bay.
o Disassemble appliances and/or components as directed.
o Consists of moving products from inspection bay back to dock/warehouse or scrapping appliances as necessary. Preparing warehouse labels etc. Preparing inspection bay for the next inspection.
o Re-assemble appliances and/or components.
Utilize skills that enable you to:
o Electronically and manually record information, maintain accurate records, be organized.
o Catalog condition of products as received
o Copy digital photos to document folders in the database
Maintain laboratory equipment and facilities as needed
Construct basic test fixtures as required
Perform special assignments with minimal supervision
Material handling (home appliances)
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE FOR Engineering Technician:
• Industry certificate / certification in electrical or electronic.
• systems and/or mechanical systems or equivalent experience.
• Working knowledge of basic electricity. Individual must have basic mechanical aptitude.
• Proficiency with computer skills.
TECHNICAL SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS FOR Engineering Technician:
Preferred: (See intake attachment for more detail on what's preferred/required).
• 2-year Associates degree in mechanical or electrical or electronic or technology.
• Years of Experience in related fields: 3-5 minimum.
• Repairing home appliances or similar products.
• Experience in inspecting and identifying root cause to repair needs of mechanical or electrical systems such as appliance, heating and cooling systems etc.
What You Need to Succeed
• A working knowledge of basic electricity and a basic mechanical aptitude (ability to quickly become proficient in disassembly and reassembly of home appliances).
• Attention to details.
• Proficiency with computer skills (Windows XP operating system, MS Word, MS Excel, Internet Browser).
• Very strong verbal communication skills.
• Must be able to follow procedures and instructions, and be willing to ask for clarification or training as needed.
• Ability to use a digital camera (camera provided, training provided).
• 20-20 (or better) eyesight with or without corrective eyewear.
• A good attitude with the ability to multi-task.
• Very good people skills, with the specific ability to interact as a team player.
• High level of motivation and energy.
• Frequently be able to lift and carry up to 30 pounds – occasionally up to 100 pounds with assistance – and move several home appliances daily. (Carts and dollies provided).
• Successfully meeting these requirements can lead to additional job advancements.
Why should you choose Epitec?
We started Epitec with a single focus, “Placing People First.” Knowing every good endeavor begins with listening and understanding, we’ve set about challenging every part of the employment process. Bringing the proper connections together for the perfect fit.
How is Epitec different?
Epitec gets to know our prospective employees, using these insights to locate the perfect placement for you. We are there, every step of the way. Providing a best-in-class compensation package combined with the opportunity to grow financially and personally through your work.
What is the result?
Epitec represents the world’s top companies and works to fill their open jobs with the world’s best talent. That’s led to Epitec servicing an impressive list of Fortune 100 companies. We've also won many awards, including one of Crain’s Detroit Business “Best Places to Work for,” and 101 Best & Brightest – local, national and elite winner. And that’s just the beginning, as we work to innovate the way the world thinks about employment.